Fiat Living and Promoting the Alfred University Brand
Fall is an exciting time at our University. The new academic year is well underway and our students are immersed in their studies and in any number of activities that our University has to offer. New friendships are being made, new faculty/staff mentors developed, and lifelong relationships between students and alma mater created.
For many, the seeds for that relationship were sown a year ago, at a Fall Open House when prospective students arrived on a campus buzzing with excitement and activity. They visited a science or engineering lab, an art studio, a theater stage, or a business class and saw boundless opportunities to mix and match our rich array of curricular offerings in pursuit of their passions.
Perhaps they visited with one of our athletic team coaches or attended a sporting event—like Saturday’s home-opening football game, a thrilling Saxon victory before a packed house at Yunevich Stadium—and became enamored with the co-curricular opportunities that our University offers. Or maybe they learned about APEX, our applied experiential learning program which provides students with funding to help pursue a wide variety of co-op, internship, research, study-abroad, and service learning possibilities.
For many of this fall’s new students, it was during a visit to campus at an Open House last fall that the decision was made to come to Alfred University. With that in mind, this note is to ask for your assistance in promoting Alfred University to prospective students and their families at four upcoming Open Houses, scheduled this fall for September 28; October 18; October 19; and November 9. The Open House on Friday, October 18, is specifically focused on attracting more top engineering students to Alfred University.
One way to help attract the next generation of Saxons to Alfred University is to become a member of VISA (Volunteers In Support of Alfred). Join VISA and tell us about someone who you think would be a great student fit for Alfred University. Admitted students who you have recommended through VISA and end up joining us will receive a renewable annual Referral Scholarship in your name of $1,000. The deadline for making a referral for the fall 2020 class is February 1, 2020.
There are many ways to find prospective students to refer to Alfred University:
- Attend a local college event or reception in your hometown.
- Meet with or send personalized notes to prospective students.
- Provide admissions materials to high schools with which you have a connection.
- Work with University Advancement to help determine locations for small gatherings in your area and host prospective/accepted student receptions.
- Spread the word about our rich array of curricular and co-curricular offerings including Common Ground; new or soon-to-be launched majors/minors in data analytics, health management, computer science, music, biochemistry, and leadership; a third and new equestrian sport (dressage) and a growing pep band, cheer squad, and track and field team; as well as partnerships with leading graduate schools at other top universities in fields such as medicine, law, architecture, pharmacy, dentistry, communications, international relations, and public administration.
- And, of course, let them know about our Open Houses and other opportunities to visit campus.
Alfred University’s engaged community is one of our greatest strengths. The involvement and support of our community made possible, among other things, a roughly 10 percent increase in the number of new undergraduate resident students joining us this fall. Our student body now has representatives from 42 different states and 16 countries.
You have directly experienced Alfred University and all it has to offer. You are our greatest resource in spreading the word about our Magic Valley so that others can share in that experience.
Thank you in advance for your help with this important request.
Fiat living and promoting the Alfred University brand!