Senior Spotlight – Tyler Armak

Name – Tyler William Armak

Hometown – Long Beach, NY

Major(s)/Minor(s) – Major in Ceramic Engineering, with a minor in Religious Studies

Other Alfred clubs/sports/interests/etc – Comissioning class of the Seneca ROTC Battalion, Master Smith of the Alfred University Ironworkers Club, Member of the Newman Club, Grand Master of the Knights of King Alfred, local poet and future governor of West Virginia

Favorite Alfred memory – Organizing Michaelmas dinner in St. Jude’s chapel & meeting my friends

Advice to parents of current students – The modern world is a harsh and cruel place, especially for young people. We all fight our own demons, but some of us are more eager to talk about this than others. I found more hope at Alfred University than I could elsewhere. This university has done more for me than I ever could’ve asked for; but that was only because I was surrounded by good, kindhearted people. Listen to your sons and daughters. Listen to their struggles, to their stories and to their ideals. Help them in their moments of isolation, and our fragmented generation will forever have your thanks.